The Board of Trustees is seeking a new Chairperson with strong leadership and communication skills, as well as experience of corporate governance and financial management
An opportunity arises to play an important role in shaping the future strategy of the Steve Ross Foundation for the Arts (SRFA), the Isle of Wight’s cultural hub.
As a charity, SRFA (Quay Arts) has a board of trustees who oversee its governance. This now requires a new Chairperson.
It’s an exciting time to be involved with the arts with Arts Council England’s document ‘Let’s Create’ setting out a strategy for the next ten years, looking forward to:
‘A country transformed by culture. Bringing us together, happier, healthier. To excite, inspire, delight. To enrich our lives.’
The voluntary position of Chair of Trustees involves:
- Calling and chairing Trustee meetings, (usually bi-monthly), having set an agenda
- Chairing the AGM
- Liaising with the Quay management, staff and volunteers
- Where appropriate, communicating with external organisations including funding sources and other professional bodies
The successful candidate should have:
- The ability, and willingness to effectively discharge the duties of a Trustee
- Team leadership qualities
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Some experience of corporate governance and financial management
- A willingness to devote the necessary time to the work of the trust
The closing date for applications is 29th March 2021.
Become a Trustee
SRFA (Quay Arts) would also welcome expressions of interest from other candidates who would like to become part of our team of Trustees.
For further information and to express interest please write to: email@example.com.