With Tutor Caroline Underwood
Fri 29 September @ Fri 29 September – Fri 20 October @ Fri 20 October
Watercolour Workshops with artist and experienced tutor Caroline Underwood
Friday 29th September, Friday 6th October, Thursday 12th and Friday 20th in the Rope Store at Quay Arts.
10am – 12:30pm both days
£22 per session | £80 for all 4 sessions | *Bring your own materials – list below*
Tutor Caroline Underwood returns with a fresh block of watercolour classes delivered in our relaxing Rope Store riverside making space, which is located next to our Cafe Terrace.
Each weekly session has a different theme, combining observational drawing from natural forms, plus the option to work from photos to do landscapes/seascapes etc.
No experience will be assumed and the tutor will demonstrate at every stage.
Please note materials are not included. Suggested materials/equipment:
- Brushes (e.g. 1 flat brush and 1 round brush with a pointed tip, synthetic brushes work well – the tutor can provide brushes for you to experiment with in the first session before you buy your own)
- 2-3 small jars/containers for water
- Watercolour paper or pad
- Scrap paper for experiments
- Palette or a white plate
- Watercolour paints (pans or tubes, either is fine)
- A clean cloth (e.g. j-cloth or microfibre cloth)
Watercolour paints, paper and brushes are now available to buy in the Quay Arts shop.
Caroline Underwood creates black and white drawings, paintings and prints inspired by her experiences of being in nature and moving through the land and seascape.